Anime!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anime!!

Post by Relenquish on Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:39 am

Anyone watch any new anime here lately... I'm looking for something new and interesting. I've watched:

Naruto - FTW lovin it
Full Metal Panic - Funnier then hell i might say
Full Metal Alchemist - Pretty good =x
School Rumble - Zomg hilarious
Rurouni Kenshin - havent watched all the way through
Bleach - Still going strong and lovin it
Claymore - it sucks cause it doesnt follow the manga and it ends randomly....
Deathnote - Watched a couple episodes dont like it they make L and Light look gay for each other

I think thats about it uhh if you know of any good ones or wanna comment on any of them feel free to I just want something else to watch =P and dunno whats good.
Oh yeah I forgot I has kittehs Blue CatGrey CatBrown CatGrey CatBlue CatBrown CatGrey Cat
Relenquish

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime!!

Post by Geso on Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:11 am

sorry i dont know a good Anime D:
Geso
Clandestine
Clandestine

Back to top Go down

Post by ipsmith on Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Good animes... uhh captain tsubasa? xD

i liked eyeshield 21, not really a omfg so good anime, but i found it funny.
Mazinger Z, and Samurai Pizza Cats /handsdown

kittehs <3!!

ipsmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Relenquish on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:49 pm

Well I guess I should say this I have not heard of any of those you mentioned
but I will look into them any more other peoples know about =x

Kittehs!!! Blue Cat Brown Cat Grey Cat Brown Cat Blue Cat Grey Cat
Relenquish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumiyaki on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:14 pm

I don't really watch anime~

But.
Currently reading: Naruto, FMA, Claymore, Kuroshitsuji, Ouran, Bakuman... That's mostly it. :o
Sumiyaki
Admin

http://clandestine.forumtwilight.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seekerking on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:38 pm

Elfen Lied, Elfen Lied, Elfen Lied, Elfen Lied, Elfen Lied, Elfen Lied, Elfen Lied, Elfen Lied, Elfen Lied, Elfen Lied, Elfen Lied and Elfen Lied.

BTW, did i mention Elfen Lied?

seekerking
Clandestine
Clandestine

Back to top Go down

Post by MonCheri on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:59 pm

Bleach!!! Claymore is scary.....

MonCheri

Back to top Go down

Post by Costa on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:52 pm

3x3 eyes. zodiac warriors. gundam wing. RONIN WARRIORS OMG. g force guardians of space. OMFG ReBoot
Costa
Clandestine
Clandestine

Back to top Go down

Post by seekerking on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:42 pm

Kanokon, Alucard Hellsing, Witch Hunter Robin, ect

seekerking
Clandestine
Clandestine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumiyaki on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:53 am

Elfen Lied was fun~

How is Claymore scary? D;
The art kinda turned me off at first, thought the faces looked weird, but it's really cool to see the artist's improvement as time goes back, and I think it's a pretty awesome series!

Dogs: Bullets and Carnage
Already mentioned Ouran...
Sumiyaki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildfire on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:40 pm

Kaze no Stigma. Good shit.
Wildfire
Clandestine
Clandestine

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley on Sun May 16, 2010 9:52 pm

LOL sht pplz stopped replying, I hope I don't get warned for trying to revive an old topic :3 :3
I've watched a few of your [Wild's] ones and some of my own.

Naruto - It's good, but moves along so fsking slow >< gave up on that.

Bleach - Again also good. I watched it up til episode 200 something, but they kept hovering back and forth inserting side stories and would just NEVER stay on the central focus of the anime (being the battle with Aizen). So gave up on that too. ;_;

Claymore - Claymore doesn't suck!! :O It's one of the best animes I've ever watched. But then again it could be influenced by bias, coz I'm more inclined to favour animes with powerful women as central characters. And Mikey, Claymore isn't scary... just some parts are more gory than what we're used to when it comes to anime :3

Deathnote - It was awesome up until the end, when Light had his ass handed to him by Near. Near is not nearly as good as L so I don't see how that's consistent with the earlier episodes.

Code Geass - haha... now those characters are even gayer-looking (and with gayer movements I might add) than Death Note, but luckily the exciting and intricate storyline makes up for it. Also one of the best I've seen so far.

Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai / Munto TV - OMFG... guys, steer clear of this one. This has been the biggest waste of my time. Think about all the corny aspects of anime; this one has it all in one place. Namely, girls acting desperate, guys/girls who talk big but are completely useless when it comes to the crunch, corny and predictable script, making characters appear "cute" at the expense of characterization, integrating nonsensical events left right and center that enriches the storyline in NO way, failure to connect the audience to the characters resulting in no sypmathy towards the characters... I can go on all day x.x but I'll stop here. Eventually, I just participated in forum discussions and just let the episodes run in the background :3 It's really THAT bad.

Fate/Stay Night - Another one to steer clear of, although not nearly as bad as the previous. The action/fight sequences are incredibly stale, not a lot of movement but a hell of a lot of screaming. There is ALOT of talk in which at the end, I'm left more confused. Exceeded attempts to enrich characters resulted in many boring episodes. Watch it - if you're a FSN fan. :P

D.Gray-Man - Not recommended. Nice idea, poorly implemented. The format of the sequence of episodes is alot like Sailor Moon, where they fight a new minion every episode, but it does not necessarily amount to the main story. Furthermore, the main story moves incredibly slow :S I stopped at episode 30.

And one more thing I'd like to add, why does every anime have character (usually a guy) who blabs on about his ideals, acting all high and mighty, and is just downright annoying, like seriously grow a pair x.X He spends 99% talking about how he dreams of changing the world (in the most corny way) and 1% getting DE...NIED :D
Haley
Clandestine
Clandestine

Back to top Go down

Post by seekerking on Sun May 16, 2010 10:03 pm

Haley wrote:
And one more thing I'd like to add, why does every anime have character (usually a guy) who blabs on about his ideals, acting all high and mighty, and is just downright annoying, like seriously grow a pair x.X He spends 99% talking about how he dreams of changing the world (in the most corny way) and 1% getting DE...NIED :D

^THIS IS MY ARGUMENT FOR GURREN FAGGEN D<
That drill to the sky bullsh*t is the worst anime i ever saw. I kept hearing about how good it is, about how it's what real men watch, BULL CRAP. Someone please explain to me how that anime is good. The characters are lame, the plot line of drills are just weird, and after watching i can't even retain what the hell just happened in the episode.

seekerking
Clandestine
Clandestine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumiyaki on Tue May 25, 2010 12:36 pm

Again, mostly manga commentary, so... xD

D.Gray-man - Yeah... I think I was reading this, Naruto, and something else for a while... I gave up on it when I realized I didn't know what was going on, couldn't remember what had been going on for the last 10 or so chapters, and didn't really care. Shame, I really liked the art Dx I've checked up on it every once in a while since then but it's still... "nope, no idea what's going on".

Death Note - Yeah I think... the story could have been fine ending with L. Even if it's all bleak and wtfever, at least it was different xD I remember when that chapter first came out... everyone assumed it was the end. Then when it continued, there were rumours that people had talked the mangaka into continuining the story past its intended ending. Not true though. XD

Naruto - Um. Still reading I guess~

Fullmetal Alchemist - I've actually been watching the "Brotherhood" anime for this lately. I have to say this is a really good series, and really well planned and thought-out. I remember once, when I still downloaded chapters... I tried to get rid of filler chapters and whatnot. In all my 50+ chapters of FMA, I could not find one chapter that was seriously "filler". Everything was important lol. Even better, the pieces fall together naturally. AND it's winding down~ Exciting :D :D
Sumiyaki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley on Mon May 31, 2010 10:23 am

Yay for Sig :3 Coz most of us (including me) are lazy and rather watch the moving pictures than read the original graphic novel :/ which in many cases, convey the story alot better, in the way that it was intended by the author.

I haven't read any Manga except Claymore - but that's only coz the anime stopped at episode 26 :S Alot of people say the last 4 episodes just ruined it, I don't agree, I think it was fine, but then when I actually read the manga, I have to say the manga version of the story is much better. And really, the way the ended the anime series, there is absolutely no way in which they could make a second season without completely defying the story already set by the manga. How sad :(

As for D.Gray-Man, I didn't know what was going on half the time either, and the other half the time I didn't care lol :F I haven't read the manga, but the anime wasn't that great. Other than the stuff I already mentioned in the previous post, there was alot unnecessary emphasis put on most characters. Like for instance, the guy with the Clarity Bell, they spent a whole episode telling his life story, and then they killed him off like a punk in the next episode. What the hell is up with that? -.- You shouldn't waste all this time trying to get the audience to connect with him, and betray them by killing him off like a character from a bad soap opera. -.-

The thing with Death Note was that people emphasized with Light more than L, coz L was freaky LOL. So naturally more people were gunning for Light, and even though he was the antagonist, people didn't want him to be caught (by L). But after the time gap, Light just became this less-than-human tyrannical being, and the audience could no longer emphasize with him, since his deeds became more and more sinister. The problem was, the audience didn't like his new adversaries Mello and Near any more than Light XD, so really they just felt disconnected from the whole thing after L's death. It would've been fine ending with L yes, but I think the anime (maybe the manga too?) didn't go too far to demonize Light, where as the Movie did. So it was more effective in the movie, I believe.
Haley
Clandestine
Clandestine

Back to top Go down

Post by Slathan D Amadeus on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:35 pm

love Death Note
Bleach
Hellsing
Soul Eater... post later more xD
Slathan D Amadeus
Clandestine
Clandestine

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinnie on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:50 am

SOUL EATER FTW.
I've WATCHED Case Closed, EVERY episode. I love that seriies.
I've read..
FMA, Original, Catching up to brotherhood. Best anime+manga i've read ever.
D.Gray-Man is a good read, imo. I'm not like everyone.
I'm used to read all the time, But It's gotten slower.
I tried Zombie Powder ::F:A:SF:AFS:
Love Hina has a good story, Imo. I'm hooked.
Naruto I've been in and out of, watching, I never will read that long series]
I almost never watch anime, unless ep 1 was great[soul eater:D:ASD:AS]
Hetalia: Axis Powers AS:D:ASD:AS:D I like :p
I can't think of any others...
Oh, Beck was a good one, too. Didn't get far yet.. that's a good watch so far :p
i didnt get past episode one of Welcome to the N.H.K. ,
I've been recommended a bunch, but I can't think of them offhand.. except for Hunter x hunter, and some other anime where the main char is an adult, but in kid form..?

If you take the time to take in my opinion, I'll accept all opinions. If you down anything about anything I just wrote, cake you.I didn't go around say ing "this anime sucks, dont even read the name", so don't do the same to me.

Vinnie
Clandestine
Clandestine

http://vaiyu.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seekerking on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:56 pm

WTF how can u like hetalia that's shojo D<
Dunno about u but i prefer my Canada to not sleep with England~

seekerking
Clandestine
Clandestine

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinnie on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:29 pm

Hahahhahahaha, it's wierd, but its entertaining ;P
Vinnie
Clandestine
Clandestine

Back to top Go down

Post by seekerking on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:41 pm

What gets u off the most, England with America or Japan with Germany.... not that i would know. A friend of mine introduced it to me and then there were these two guys kissing at this anime convention eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewww ><

seekerking
Clandestine
Clandestine

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinnie on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:52 pm

That's normal. When you cage them up they throw gay parades in your town D:! or in italy!
Vinnie
Clandestine
Clandestine

Back to top Go down

Post by seekerking on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:11 pm

Funny because my city had a gay pride parade about 1-2 weeks before u posted that. Ew.

seekerking
Clandestine
Clandestine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumiyaki on Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:31 pm

@seeker: Yes I think he was quite aware of that.

I kinda wanna watch Witch Hunter Robin when I get back~ ;O
Sumiyaki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troll345 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:10 am

Whats anime? D: :(
Troll345
Clandestine
Clandestine

Back to top Go down